Saturday Secrets to Great Baseball Coaching Safety First
Coaches have many responsibilities, even at the youth baseball level. However, of all those responsibilities, the one baseball coaching responsibility that is most important is the safety of the players. Inexperienced coaches must know some basics of baseball coaching so a major injury does not occur out of coaching negligence. It is not unheard of for parents to sue leagues or coaches because coaches fail this necessary coaching responsibility.
Fact running into another player usually results in injury to one or both players.
Fact - baseball coaches are responsible for the safety of the players.
Fact more injuries come from bad slides than any other aspect of the game
Accidents will happen but coaches, who follow these points, can limit those harmful incidents.
* Make sure players line up in the same direction when playing catch and away from all bystanders, who could get hit by overthrows.
* Institute a rule that says no bat is swung without a helmet on may be a little extreme but it guards against major injuries to head from kids accidentally swinging in the wrong spot or at the wrong time
* Similarly, players should be required to wear protective cups at all practices and games..
* Players must be coaches on defensive communication drills for balls hit between player positions, especially fly and popped up balls.
*Base runners must be taught to avoid collisions, even when they may have the right of way.
* Coaching players correct sliding techniques is anessential baseball coaching responsibility.
* Coaching defensive players where to position themselves on thrown and batted balls keeps players safe.
After playing major league baseball, Jack Perconte has taught baseball and softball since 1988 and offered valuable coaching training too. He has helped numerous youth players reach their potential, as well as having helped parents and coaches navigate their way through the challenging world of youth sports. Jack is one of the leading authorities in the areas of youth baseball training and coaching training advice.All Jack Perconte articles are used with copyright permission.
There are 0 comments on "Top Baseball Coaching Responsibility - 365 Days to Better Baseball"